Our Capital Campaign
Welcome to the Mass Arts Center (formerly MMAS), located at 888 South Main Street, Mansfield, directly across from the Xfinity Center. The Mass Arts Center offers award-winning theater (plays & musicals), concerts, and stand-up comedy in a comfortable 104-seat theater. Seasonal events are held outdoors overlooking the scenic Norton Reservoir. As a true arts hub for the region, The Mass Arts Center additionally offers the Mass Arts Center Academy (classes in theater, voice, dance, mindfulness for children and adults) and a vibrant art gallery (the Morini Gallery) which hosts events such as artist lectures, art show openings, and collaborative shows with other regional art institutions.
Come and check out the arts at the Mass Arts Center – take in a show, take a class, enjoy a concert or comedy act, or enjoy the Morini Art Gallery! The Mass Arts Center is your arts home for the entire family.
Watch the Mass Arts Center work in progress! We will post ongoing construction photos on this page to keep you a part of this exciting process!
Support our ongoing renovations
Many naming opportunities are available. We have only 4 fixed-in-place theater chairs available ($2,000) and 15 Front Row — movable chairs ($500). Your name or family name can be placed on these chairs.
Larger legacy namings are available.
Today, you will see, the Arts Center has a new fresh paint color! A glorious blue which is a wonderful compliment to the water view behind and the blue skies as The Mass Arts Center reaches new heights with the regional Massachusetts arts center.
The work includes:
- Adding Sprinkler and fire safety systems throughout the building.
- Expanding our parking lot adding 45 more spaces for patrons.
- Adding handicap access ramp to the front entrance of the building.
- Improving our dance studio by raising the ceiling and adding new wood floors.
- Adding a new ADA restroom on the theater level.
- Increasing the seating capacity of the theater from 70 to 105.
- Purchasing and installing all new theater seating.
- Creating a new Art Gallery and Lobby with HVAC system.
- New high efficiency lighting throughout the building.
- New windows where needed and repairing the roof.
- New carpeting and flooring throughout the building.
- The creation of a greenroom and necessary storage spaces.
- New exterior and interior paint job and a new theater entrance.
See photos from our Hard Hat Tour
To cancel a recurring gift, please contact our office by calling 508-339-2822 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.